Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Knowledge



Megan
Christians in the World-6
October 2, 2012
We know what we know
            Knowledge is a really hard word to describe. The harder question is what it means to know something... In class when you asked us what we knew for a fact and the class responded that some of them knew their mother loved them. In my head, I knew where the discussion was going. But I thought of something that I knew to be true, I did not make myself, I cannot make myself happy, My desires are limitless, while my abilities are limited. I thought it was kind of funny that all this tied back to the fundamental thing we learned at the beginning of the year, the 4 truths of the “I.”
            For me, to know something is to have scientific, emotional, and stable proof of something. The example of my classmates knowing their mothers love them is a terrible example. There is not proof that their mom loves them. She could be lying, or be a really really good actor. To know something, we must be able to describe all of its factors, and have proof that it exists. One of my teachers last year taught a lesson on knowledge; we know what we know; however we don’t know what we don’t know either. Knowing something, like me knowing I exist, but I did not create myself, is true knowledge. I know the scientific and emotional proof to back up my knowledge. I don’t exactly know how to answer this question. Knowledge is really hard to describe, and I don’t think it has an actual definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment