Monday, April 29, 2013

Blog post 26: 99 Names of God

Megan
Mr. Sanchez
April 29, 2013

The first name I choose was "The All-Knowing." I choose this because of the masculine personification it takes on. It is interesting to think of God as All knowing. He knows your every thought, action, purpose, future and everything. While God does not judge us based upon this information, it makes me want to be better. Have better thoughts and actions. This name applies to God because he is all knowing.

The second masculine name I chose was All Powerful. This has the same context as the first when it comes to how it applies to God. God has all the power. He has the ability to do whatever he chooses. It is interesting to think about this too, because with all the bad things that have happened in the world in the past few years, I keep saying that "God is smiting us" for all the bad things we have done. but he also has the ability to provide us with miracles and beautiful landscapes. He is all powerful.

The first feminine name I chose was the magnificent. I sang this song when i was younger about Mary, and it was about how magnificent she was. now when I see the word, I think of Mary. She played an important role in Jesus's life and how he developed into the savior of the World. I think that is a good cooralation between the female aspects of the word. and the word itself.

Finally, The glorious was a more fememine name in my opinion. I think glorious is reserved for more fememine terms because it is just more girly, I really don't know how to explain it...

All four names refer to God because god is all powerful and all knowing. He is magnificent and glorious in the most masculine way possible. These words are just some of a few ways to describe him and his wonderful being. Without him, we would be nothing. These words are simple terms for all that God is. He is more then just all knowing and all powerful and magnificent and glorious. He is perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment