Sunday, September 23, 2012

Freedom

Megan
Christians in the World-6
September 23, 2012
Freedom
I once wrote a scholarship essay on what freedom means to me. It basically consisted of all the things that constitutionally make us free; speech, religion, expression. I talked about how a few years ago I was in a situation that I felt didn't allow me the freedom of speech, because I was afraid of what people would think about me, and if anyone would believe my story, or would they blame me for what happened, which ended up being the case. I guess this kind of shows a time when i didn't feel free. I felt like everything I said and did was in the the direction of others, like I took into consideration of what others would think about if i said something/did something. being under this kind of power from others caused me to get very stressed and self conscience. But that really doesn't answer the question does it? I guess not.

A point in my life where I felt truly free when when I got my driver's license. I have always been the type of person who never really asked for help. I didn't like asking for anything to be honest, and I still don't. A big problem I had as a kid was that I was always asked to go to my friends houses, but I found myself making excuses to get out of it because I never wanted to ask my parents to give me a ride anywhere, or have to pick me up. I was also in a carpool with a senior, who happened to be my ex boy friend, and I lost a great deal of freedom to get over the relationship. Once I finally got my license, I was able to freely go out with my friends, get a job, basically have a life I guess. After getting my license, I was also able to get myself out of the vicious cycle of the relationship with my ex, and get over him (I would just like to point out that this is a miracle...just saying). I got a huge plate of responsibility when I got my license, and it gave me more freedom then I really knew what to do with, which was really good for my life, and my parents too, because they didn't have to drive me anymore, nor did they have to listen to me complain about how much I hated my carpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment